Sigh!



I am struggling a bit at the moment. My first born is off to University at the end of the month. Although I feel excited for him and so ready for him to leave the nest, I do admit that I am going to miss him terribly. 

It's a bittersweet time for me. If all had gone according to plan, Nick would also be counting down his years left at school and making plans for his future. However, here we sit. Staring into an abyss and thinking about how life has unfolded for us. Thinking about the days, weeks, months and years in front of us. 

I am not one to be a pessimist, but hey, sometimes I have to allow myself a pity party, work my way through it and then move on.





4 comments:

  1. I may have to face into something similar this year, as my eldest may well move away for work, once she leaves college. It's very hard, and I try not to look forward -- perhaps we can avoid the abyss together xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I feel for you. I hope that she doesn't move too far away. I am shoving that abyss to the back of my mind! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Di, it is hard for you. It just sucks sometimes and it's hard to be positive. I am fed up with school worries but determined 2015 will be better. Somehow someway! Will email u soon. Kats xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kats, I have been thinking of you! That baby of yours must be getting very big! Sorry to hear about school worries, really hope it isn't an issue for you all. Oh the joys of autism!! It doesn't suck so much today.... xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x