Taking a break





A couple of months back I started to panic over the busyness of 2015. There seemed to be too much on my plate and not enough hours in the day. I was battling to give Nick as much time as I wanted and that lack of time was going to get worse.

I was finding it stressful to think about RDI engagements with Nick. I felt tense when planning how to implement the engagements, record them on video and then journal my reflections. I decided that it was time to sit back and really think about how I was feeling and do something about it.

What stood out for me whilst working my way through my feelings of angst was the fact that the RDI program does not only focus on my child and his development. RDI is also about mindful parenting, families, friends, relationships, myself, finding a balance and living life to the fullest. It was with this in mind that encouraged me to make the decision to take a break. I needed time out. It was important for me to pause and catch my breath.

The beauty of being a veteran RDI mum is that I know how to 'live the lifestyle' and that my relationship with Nick will not be compromised by putting the more formal side of RDI on hold. I am still going to be that 'declarative' mum who has the concept 'edge plus one' firmly stamped on her forehead. I am a 'go slow' woman who is very aware of giving Nick plenty of time to think for himself. In order to keep our consultant up to date, I will continue with my daily sporadic journal entries on day to day stuff. So lovely to know that she has our back, even though we will be on a break until the 1st of November, 2015.

It is all about achieving a healthy balance, therefore I am giving myself permission to take that break and embrace what the next few months have to offer. Lots of exciting happenings on the horizon and I can't wait to experience them, along with Nick. Hint, hint. An awesome family gathering here in South Africa. Also a little holiday that includes Nick. Watch this space!




8 comments:

  1. We all need to take a break every now and again and it's important to be able to know when the time is right! You are a wise lady....have a happy and restful break. Safe travels...loads of love and well done for knowing when the time is right to be kind to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Heidi. Have also just had a quick away break with the husband... one night only, but totally worth it. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for all that you share with the community and for being such a positive leader for so many families! Enjoy your time spending your energies elsewhere in life and we look forward to hearing about your adventures when you resume in November with a fresh, rejuvenated approach! Enjoy and blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melissa, for your thoughtful comment. It really made my day. Go well.

      Delete
  3. you are a wonderful mum. RDI can be overwhelming. i found it so. u have done amazing!! enjoy the break kats xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kats. Life can get a bit overwhelming at times and it is healthy to have a break. Pssst, might see you next year!!!!xx

      Delete
  4. It is good that you not only recognise that you need a break but that you do something about it! Good for you. You and Nick will both benefit. But I would love to hear just a teensy bit about your every day life now and then!!!
    Enjoy your break....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Jazzy. I will still be boring you with my blog posts, never fear!! :-) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x