April ~ Day Twenty Three




It's been a while since we have played any type of board game, so I pulled out the old Junior Scrabble.

My goal for this engagement was to connect with Nick and share the enjoyment and experience of playing a game together.


Our game of choice:

Junior Scrabble


Roles:

I take a turn / Nick takes a turn


Activity limits..... and rough plan:

Only work with two boards, each containing four words.

The words are quite easy, therefore I will choose a letter and place it in an unexpected place. For example, in the middle or end of a word. Nick to make his own plan about what letter he chooses.


Communication:

Lots of experience sharing declarative comments. Pause and wait. Self-talk so that Nick hears my thoughts.


What happened:

Hmmmmm........

Nick joined me in the game and he immediately understood his role. Was he wildly ecstatic to be there? No. Although we were connected and had a nice co-regularly pattern thing going on, Nick was in task mode. The game wasn't fun and he was going through the motions. To be honest, I thought it was too easy for him. I ended the activity earlier than planned.


Next time:

Try out some other board games.... some with a bit more oomph / fun.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x